The most frequently asked questions from our customers
How are period panties made?
A ruler panty is a washable and reusable panty, like your everyday lingerie:
- The composition of the bottom is divided into layers of absorbent, waterproof, leak-proof and odor-proof fabrics
- Period panties replace disposable tampons and pads, and the menstrual cup
- All the blood is absorbed in the bottom of the panties, invisible under clothing.
Diagram of menstrual panties:
1 - Layer of fabric in contact with the mucous membrane (some cottonorganic cotton) to drain the liquid.
2 - Breathable, anti-odor, anti-leak and anti-bacterial absorbent layer (cotton or eucalyptus fibers)
3 - Waterproof PUL membrane (Polyester) anti leaks
Menstrual panties are made to last all day:
>> You put menstrual panties on in the morning, take them off in the evening, without risk of leakage or discomfort
>> Menstrual panties can be worn between 4 and 12 hours, to be adapted according to each person's flow (light, medium, heavy) and the time of the cycle
>> Period panties can be worn all day night if the model has enough coverage and the absorption zone from the bottom of the panties up towards the buttocks
Tip: it is quite possible to wear panties for light flow at the beginning of the cycle, at the time of ovulation in case of spotting* or as a hygienic protection for heavy vaginal discharge. The models of absorbent panties also called ''power'' will be pleasant to wear at night, in case of abundant flow or for sports sessions. These models often have a larger size absorbent fabric.
Editor's note : Spotting corresponds to slight blood loss between periods of menstruation, which often occurs at the time of ovulation.
Menstrual panties are guaranteed to be odourless:
>> The composition of the bottom of the panties is ultra-absorbent, antibacterial and anti-odor
>> Tencel of the mid-layer is made from eucalyptus fibres, ultra-absorbent and breathable
Tip: In case of persistent odors, consult a. e doctor (fungal infections and STDs can cause these inconveniences).
Ultra simple washing :
>> After use, simply rinse the panties in cold water and put them in the washing machine at 30 °
>> They are washable with the rest of your clothes
>> Fabric softeners are prohibited, they destroy the absorbent fibres!
>> For rinsing, use a natural, glycerine-free soap Our advice: Use a washing net when you put your panties in the washing machine and add a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil to the receptacle of the machine to perfume your laundry.
What are the benefits of period panties?
- Periodical protections are expensive. 1.7 million French women struggle to buy sanitary protection every year.
- Period panties = on average 30 euros. But necessary to save money in the long run.
- Disposable sanitary protection (tampons and pads) represent an average expenditure of 1500 to 3000€
during a woman's lifetime
Responsible and healthy rules:
- Washable and reusable, menstrual panties last for years
- The menstrual panties are Oeko-Tex standard 100 certified, a label guaranteeing the absence of any harmful substance and silver nano-particles in the materials
- Some brands are certified 100% organic cotton GOTS label
- For comparison, disposable tampons and pads take between 500 and 800 years to degrade, and are composed of nanoparticles, disruptive endocrine and phthalates
Tip: If you're unsure, start with a washable pad that you attach to the panties with a clip or button. Ideal to do away with disposable pads and tampons.
Additional benefits of period panties:
- Absorb all of the blood from the menstrual flow, from beginning to end of the cycle
- Ensuring absolute tranquility all day or all night
- No feeling of humidity and zero leaks, the cotton in contact with the mucous membranes remains dry
- Colourful, sexy, elegant and sensual models, they look like everyday lingerie
- Comfortable and practical, they revolutionize our periods
- Composition is safe, healthy, eco-friendly and respectful of our privacy
It is the ideal alternative for recently menstruating teenagers or women with endometriosis who cannot always insert a tampon (even a small one) into their vagina. And for all those who can't stand the menstrual cup or other protections.